Latvian Dendroecologist Society (LDS) has been founded on September 29., 2006
with aim to promote dendroecological investigation development in Latvia.
To achieve the aim LDS has several tasks:
- to join existent dendroecologists and involve new participants;
- to perform and coordinate scientific investigations;
- to make contacts with similar organization and scientific institutions in Latvia and abroad;
- to organize conferences, meetings and workshops;
- to publish scientific, educational and popular-science publications;
- to perform assessment, to give lectures and consultations.